Interior design Santa Monika
Designing children's room
The children's room design is one of the most important and challenging tasks that all parents face sooner or later. It is this room that sets the child's' mood for the whole day, playing favorite toys, encourages the best relaxation at night and maximum concentration while doing homework.
When designing it is important to follow the rules of the children's room design. How can this be done?
- Recommendations for children's room design
- First of all, the room for the child should be safe. Mostly it concerns children of 3-8 years old.
- What should be avoided in the children's room:
- The room should not have any hooks below the growth of the child, especially at eye level. Otherwise, the child may accidentally stumble and get serious injuries.
- Sockets should be safe so that the kid could not insert anything into them. Children are very inquisitive by nature.
- The equipment and furniture in the room must be secured. Quite often children drop heavy objects on themselves.
- All furniture should be environmentally friendly and safe.
- When decorating a child's room, avoid glass tables and any sharp corners.
- The smaller glass in the room, the better and safer for the child. This also applies to the mirrors on the now trendy sliding cabinets.
Colors for children's room design
Colors for the children's room is better to choose pastel so that they do not irritate the nervous system. In this case, you should avoid red and black in the design. One of the walls can be painted with the baby, applying various patterns. Such exercise is sure to please the child, and the room will become even more valuable and loved for him since he himself took part in its design.
The floors can be parquet and various floor coverings. It is important to know that rugs, carpets and other actively accumulate dust, so they need frequent cleaning so that the child does not develop an allergy.
The ceiling can be either single-level or complex with built-in lights. Quite often in the children's room, parents make a stretch ceiling, which can be completed with a starry sky. It can be used as a kind of night light. This helps the child not to be afraid of the dark and calmly fall asleep even in a new and unfamiliar room.
The room must contain various lockers and drawers in which the child's clothes, toys, and all necessary accessories will be stored. They can be multi-colored. This will add colors, while the room is functional. The bed should be chosen based on the age of the child. The mattress should be chosen orthopedic.
Table and chair should be ideal. During sitting, the child's feet should stand on the floor, and not be in a hanging position. When placing them, you must take into account the location of the light, it must fall on the work surface. It is advisable to place individual lighting above.
Zoning in child's room design
Children's room should be divided into several zones: for sleep, games, lessons. To emphasize the zoning can be used different shades of walls and lighting. In the zone of games and the desktop, the light should be brighter than in the area of the sleeping place.
In the game area, colors can be brighter. This can be achieved both with the help of wallpaper, and any bright objects: ottomans, chairs, boxes for toys. In addition, it is important to take into account the interests of the child, if he draws or engages in music, should provide a place for all necessary accessories. Nothing in the room should prevent a child from moving freely. The area should be used as rationally as possible.
The children's room is a small world where the child should feel comfortable. For children, it is important that they are listened to, it increases self-esteem and makes it clear that the room is really done for him. It is necessary to consult with the baby.